Monday, May 18, 2015

22 New Batch

The world has turned. Some things stay as they have been.. others have altered. The sun still rises and sets, most people are still around, just older and usually wiser. Most laws of the nature stand as they have been.. even the walls of the town are still there.

But the adventurers are all new, as are the challenges. This time the group is concise, and I'll tell more about each of us as time goes on as each of our entourage of beautiful people merits a proper introduction. For now I'll just say that we are a proud mix of elven and human background, mixing the best of two fine races - save one of us, Drai the Drake, who as the name implies, is part dragon. I won't venture to make many guesses about how that happened, but I hope shape changing was involved. Drai looks rather daunting, six feet of muscle and scale and wings, and has some trouble getting accepted on face value in most towns.. fortunately this one has a dragon temple, which helps. Drai as I understand is especially arcane for his scaly kind, and it can well be that someday he will rain both fire and acid and cold and magic from high above, becoming the scourge of all things dark.

That will be quite a tale, and that explains why I'm here. My name is Petfur Pendragon. I have long been fascinated by the dragonkind, and have written quite a few songs and ditties of them, hence the last name. I am a spinner of tales, creator legend, farmer of fame.. hm, that last one doesn't sound right. But it's what I do. Stories and songs. Participate in them, record them, and turn the mundane into awesome and memorable. For those with flat minds and short imagination - in a word, I'm a bard.

And then we have Leila. and Valeria. They are both female, charming and lovely, and half-elven, perhaps even more than I am as feminine wiles and grace augment their already astounding allure. I'm sure we'll have beautiful children at some point. Given we are both half-elves, would that mean our children would be anything from humans to full elves? Leila has chosen a shadowy path of discretion, but that does not make her easy - just a person not prone to using brawn to get her way, finding charm and finesse a better way to get the prize intact.

And finally Valeria, who nicely compliments our elf dragon coterie, being a half-elven priestess well in touch with the divine world - most especially the good dragon gods. Far as I can tell anyhow. She seems well at home at the dragon temple, but has so far kept the preaching to herself. Maybe I do plenty enough of that myself, though my religion is beauty and charm, not the otherworldly powers that some genuflect to.

In a world of human and elf and halfling and dwarf, we stand out, a group that fits everywhere and nowhere. Makers and shapers of events and stories, with magic and blade to inspire, lute and and rhyme to enshrine.



No comments:

Post a Comment